Monday, November 06, 2006

Hair Doerupperas in the News

I was sooo excited last Thursday that I might be in the Sydney Morning Herald that I could barely sleep the night before. Everytime I closed my eyes I kept thinking about how wonderful I was. I sprung out of bed at crack of sparrow and we headed to (S)Lutwyche Village for arancinis and muggacinos. Long-suffering Mr Accordian dutifully went and purchased the SMH for me.

Again and again I went through the paper and could not find anything about myself. Lots of stuff about other people, horses, dogs, footballers but not about me. Desperation set in as I combed the business and sports sections while the accordian applied himself vigorously to some Ekhart Tolle. I swung from hysteria to logical reasoning about what could have gone wrong. Then I realised we had the wednesday edition being sold a day late in Brisbane. Of course we are always playing catch up in the deep north and it's not just daylight saving I'm talking about.
So hurray for designspotter who set the ball rolling. Some of the press that I received from listing my Neo-Luddite Hair Control System in designspotter included Sydney Morning Herald cutting above (Thurs 2 Nov) and below groovy blogs.
Popgloss
Style hive
This Next
Zamazing.org

I also was recently in the Canadian Green Living Magazine print and online and Modamuse.

I was so pleased with myself that God had to punish my hubris with a weekend away camping in the rain and I returned wet and humbled to a full inbox of orders to make.

So does anyone have some more old computer keyboards for me? Or how about prising some keys off for me and popping them in the mail? I'm running out of ctrl, alt, tab, insert and end keys. Calling all office workers...wanna see the boss lose ctrl?

4 comments:

Florence Forrest said...

Miss Wrecker, I often can't get to sleep thinking about how wonderful I am. Its only a pity that there was some rain on your parade.

I have a spare keyboard in the cupboard if you need it...or just a few of the keys :)

xx

Shannon Garson said...

Good work- It's a hard job being wonderful.

Anonymous said...

"I probably have genius but no talent"
Francis Ford Coppola

Certainly not true of the wrecker

As for the keys, pop over and pick them up anytime

Bad boy ;-)

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

yes all computer keys are welcome! but don't know if i should risk my safety with stranger danger!