Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Somewhere, over the rainbow


As it is Brisbane Pride Festival month, and we could not resist the "Show your true colours" festival logo, MoB Workspace are celebrating with a competition on our blog and with new jewels in MoBStore. Here is a peek at my "Somewhere, over the rainbow" range.

I was having so much fun with with the pretty rainbow colours that I felt bad about not using the black pencil that came in the set so made "The Happy Goth" necklace based on the Divine Comedy song with the chorus:

"Well her clothes are blacker than the blackest cloth
And her face is whiter than the snows of Hoth.
She wears Dr. Martens and a heavy cross,
But on the inside she's a happy goth. "

I don't know quite how this relates to the gay and lesbian Pride festival but I suppose it is all about showing your true colours!

MoBStore is open 10am - 5pm, 7 days a week so come on in and look at our fabulous display!

3 comments:

Florence Forrest said...

Ok Bec, your little hint about your Rainbow Collection (is that "for lovers and dreamers and me?:) was right on, I love it. hmm, might be another commission coming your way!

Divine Comedy are a great group, thanks for introducing me to them by the way, and I particulary love that song - its really lovely, its melody has such a 'sunny day in the city' kind of feel.

xxflo (aka kall me kemmie)

Shannon Garson said...

I love the pencils... I tried to enter your competition but the e-mail wouldn't go through. I have tiny ceramic peas, cupcakes and iced Vovo's to show you. See you soon
Shannon

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

yes i had dropped the .au on our email address so it bounced for a few people duh!!- hope you still enter. mobworkspace@yahoo.com.au
bring on the vovos and veg!
bec