Tuesday, October 02, 2007

1, 2 ,4 ,8 ,16 ,32 ....


Mitosis Charm.

The number sequence is 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc. The exponential growth of splitting cells. The power of 2s. The heavy silver bauble is like a splitting ovum, that first moment of conception. A fusion of a scientific approach to fertility and something more intuitive, like a sympathetic magic for our time.

A gift for a friend who has been helping me in the last few months.

I hope it works. The last two people who were given them now have lovely babies. The other person who has one doesn't but then she is 55 and more in the market for grandkids so fingers crossed for her in that department!

5 comments:

Queen of Light and Joy said...

Aside from what this is suppose to do, this piece really speaks to me. I think I need one, how much are you charging for this and is it for purchase? I should have asked that last question first :)

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

hi ms queen - i can make you a special one for a very special price but I think you really need to discuss this first with Henry!

Ursula Achten said...

this is what occured to me after having read only the first 2 lines: you will be pregnant, if you wear it. Ok, becoming a grandma is fine,too.
What a beautiful heartwarming idea!

gill said...

Great!.....please feel free to visit my page, i'll be glad.

http://gissellemorales.blogspot.com/

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

thanks Uschi and Gisselle thanks for showing me your work- it is wonderful!