Sunday, March 18, 2007

Giant Metal Baby Meltdown

This is what happens when giant metal baby goes up against the police and fire brigade with his monster heat gun in downtown Wreckerton.

Introducing the new range of super cute flatliner pins, smaller than the earlier edition made from army men figurines. I've been experimenting with all sorts of new spacemen, construction workers, cowboys and indians, hunters and natives but and these flat cops and firies are my current pick. I bought out Giant Metal Baby (a cast brass armyman/baby crossbreed that I prepared earlier) to promote the new flatsies.
Funny thing though that the process of melting the figurines accentuates existing phallic characteristics (guns) and creates new ones in abundance with their arms, legs and heads starting to look rather rude. Or are my eyes playing tricks? Perhaps I am just a bit influenced by the Queen's tasty treatise on the topic. Judge for yourself:

Boys toys reverting to type in wrecker oven.

Whatever the case, the huge commercial potential in phallic flattened figurines means I won't be staring down the barrel of imminent financial ruin for much longer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby.

You're a genius.

What stood out about them with me, is how they've lost they GI Joeness.

It's like the army's recruited a whole stack of middle aged office workers, with love handles, and squishy bits.

Anonymous said...

definately a trick of the retina . i cant see anything phallic whatsoever nah ah.

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

Thanks shula
yeah- you hid the nail on the head-they have been disarmed somewhat and my flat cops and firies are probably closer to the real donut scoffin, paper-pushin reality than the skinny action figures they started as!
and shango, i'll get new glasses!

Kay Cooke said...

This is quite brilliant! They look almost cute & cuddly. No can't say I would've picked the phallic - no more than any phallic assoc. that goes with guns anyway.

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

thanks cb - maybe there is hope for the flatsies after all.
shula, I've incorporated some of your comment into my packaging for the new flatliners!