Thursday, November 13, 2008

East, West, South Rings



A few weeks ago I had a studio visit from Sue Clement from Pomme, a fantastic gallery on Mornington Peninsula that stocks my jewellery. She was taking the time to visit her QLD artists and turned out to be as lovely in real life as in email! She also gave me heaps of excellent advice about my work, delivered in such a charming way that it did not raise my hackles at all! While looking at the mini Pebbles in Pebbles (each around 2.5 - 3cm in diameter) she popped one on top of her finger and said "Have you ever thought of making rings out of these?" "I don't normally make rings", I nearly blurted but it looked so nice on her finger and she does have some experise in retailing jewellery so it started to penetrate my consciousness...

After a few different design ideas I came up with the above trilogy. They are East, West and South for the colours of the pebbles and where they were collected (East=Orange=Katiki Beach; West=Grey=Okarito Beach; South=Green=Orepuki Beach).

For sale at Made By Hand starting on Saturday!

4 comments:

Kindling said...

The rings are BEAUTIFUL rebecca, good on ya!

Kay Cooke said...

I knew that was an Orepuki stone as soon as I saw it. :) It's beautiful! They all are.

sooz said...

Rebecca, I totally love the mini pebbles in pebbles!! I love the rings too, but alas I have no spare fingers... Are the minis for sale anywhere?

Rebecca-the-Wrecker said...

lucky you having all your fingers full! i do have some minis for sale- $150 each - you can just email me and let me know what colour you like and how long the cord should be.